2024 Qualifying Dates
ATTENTION: Florida law (see s. 11 of Chapter 2021-11, Laws of Florida) requires:
- A person seeking nomination as a candidate of a political party to be a member of that political party for the 365 days BEFORE the beginning of the applicable qualifying period.
- A person seeking to qualify for office as a candidate with no party affiliation to not be a member of any political party for the 365 days BEFORE the beginning of the applicable qualifying period.
Therefore, the last day for such person to make the applicable change is April 23, 2023, for the first qualifying period, and June 11, 2023, for the second qualifying period, in order for the person to meet the 365-day requirement.
1st Qualifying Period for 2024:
Federal (U.S. Senator, Representative in Congress), State Attorney (Judicial Circuits 1- 19), Public Defender (Judicial Circuits 1 -19), Judicial (Justice(s) of the Supreme Court, District Court of Appeal Judges, and Circuit Court Judges)
- Noon, Monday, April 22, 2024 – Noon, Friday, April 26, 2024
- Note: The Supervisor of Elections office will begin accepting qualifying documents on April 8, 2024. See Section 99.061(8), F.S.
2nd Qualifying Period for 2024:
State Senator, State Representative, County Office, Special Districts, and Political Party Executive Committees
- Noon, Monday, June 10, 2024 – Noon, Friday, June 14, 2024
- Note: The Supervisor of Elections office will begin accepting qualifying documents on May 28, 2024. See Section 99.061(8), F.S.
Duval County Supervisor of Elections 105 East Monroe Street Jacksonville, FL 32202
Our office may begin accepting qualifying documents 14 days prior to the start of qualifying. Documents and checks for qualifying submitted before the 14 days are not valid for qualifying.
2024 Qualifying Information for Local Offices